Raftejo's Blog

This Blog is mainly just a repository of miscellaneous topics of interest to me.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

What's blogging all about?


Okay I'm back after a long absence...hopefully I will do a bit more blogging from now on (...to my one or two readers?).

Anyway, I can't get over the amount of people that are not still familiar with "blogging", or just plain don't get it. I'm not very good at describing stuff but the following is a very good account of what it's all about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog

A blog is also categorized as social media. Think of a news paper or magazine in which you can comment on the articles. This is a very powerful form of communication that a lot of companies are adopting as part of their marketing strategy. With this link to their customers they can get right up to the minute feedback on what the client really wants.

Blogs seem to get a very good Google ranking. For example if you just type "tom" in Google, Tom Raftery's page appears in the top 5, now I think that is very impressive, especially when you consider how many pages there must be out there with the name "tom" in them!!!.

According to Tom: "The Google ranking is down to a couple of things - I have done a lot of work on SEO over the years and I have applied some of what I have learned to the blog. Having said that, blogging, correctly implemented, is the most effective seo tool I have yet come across!"...not giving away much there then Tom, ;-). Maybe I'll research it and do a post on SEO sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home