Translation On-The-Fly
According to InternetWorldStats.com
in their "Top 10 Languages Used in the Web" survey, English is number one but less than 32%. Therefore unless you translate your postings you are missing alot of potential readers (in the order of 100's of millions!).
The auto translation services have come along way in the last few years and there are several out there which are free and realtively easy to use. For example Google's Translate ( see related tutorial).
In an effort to make it even easier still for non-English speakers to read my postings I wanted to have translation links automatically embeded right into the posting itself, as I had noticed this in another blog. Sure enough I did a search for "translate" in Blogger.com help and came up with this.
If you have just clicked on one of those links to read this article and feel that the translation is poor, then please leave a comment and I will try and find a better solution.
NOTE: If you are interested in language related statistics see the following links:
http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm
http://global-reach.biz/globstats/index.php3
http://www.nationmaster.com
in their "Top 10 Languages Used in the Web" survey, English is number one but less than 32%. Therefore unless you translate your postings you are missing alot of potential readers (in the order of 100's of millions!).
The auto translation services have come along way in the last few years and there are several out there which are free and realtively easy to use. For example Google's Translate ( see related tutorial).
In an effort to make it even easier still for non-English speakers to read my postings I wanted to have translation links automatically embeded right into the posting itself, as I had noticed this in another blog. Sure enough I did a search for "translate" in Blogger.com help and came up with this.
If you have just clicked on one of those links to read this article and feel that the translation is poor, then please leave a comment and I will try and find a better solution.
NOTE: If you are interested in language related statistics see the following links:
http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm
http://global-reach.biz/globstats/index.php3
http://www.nationmaster.com

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home